Hello! My name is Tara Popp.
I'm a youth technology lab lead (YTL Lead) in a middle school and teen facility from October 2008 to May 2012, and in an elementary school-aged care facility since May 2012. I've worked with children and youth since 2003 -- first as a substitute teacher, then as a preschool caregiver, and now as a YTL Lead.
In terms of technology, I've been an avid user of the Internet since 1997, made webpages since 1999, and owned domains since 2001. I have advanced knowledge of HTML, XHTML, CSS, and basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL, and I am skilled with Adobe PhotoShop and Jasc Paint Shop Pro. Lastly, I am an advanced user of Microsoft Office products.
When I am not immersed with the Internet, I also have interests in:
- Animes and mangas
- Baking and cooking
- Internet culture
- Korean and Japanese language and culture
- Online fandom culture
- Reading and writing
- Social media and networking
- Video games
Michigan State University2011 - 2014
- Awarded the Master of Arts in Youth Development in May 2014, with a focus on Youth and Technology.
- Joined Kappa Omicron Nu in April 2014.
University of Maryland University College2003 - 2007
- Awarded the Bachelor of Arts in English as Cum Laude in December 2007, with a focus on Romantic and Modern literature and poetry.
- Joined Phi Kappa Phi in March 2007 as a lifetime member.
I run a food-related blog called Tastebook Reviews where I post my cafe, restaurant, and kitchen adventures.
I have another blog called The Potpourri where I post about my personal adventures with child and youth development.
Along with the blogs, if you'd like to contact me, please use any any of the following methods: